Trips or lessons may be cancelled or postponed by Tug Hill Outfitters guides if unsafe weather conditions are anticipated. Unsafe weather conditions may include heavy rain, thunder and lighting, extreme temperatures, or high winds. If a trip is cancelled, guides/business owners will reach out to the person(s) who booked the trip, providing at least 4 hours advance notice prior to when the trip was scheduled to take place. If inclement weather happens on your scheduled trip date, clients have the following options:
- Delaying the trip to a later time that day if conditions are expected to improve, if there is availability
- Rescheduling the trip for a different date
- Cancelling the trip and receiving a full refund
If you are concerned about the forecasted weather on your upcoming trip date, please contact Tug Hill Outfitters by phone (call or text) or email as soon as possible. We will do our best to accommodate requests, however, if the weather conditions are not optimal, but still deemed as safe, our cancellation and refund policy applies.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Trips must be booked at least 2 days prior to the desired date/time of the trip. If you would like to schedule a last-minute trip, please contact Tug Hill Outfitters directly by phone (call or text) or email, to see if your request can be accommodated.
If you need to reschedule your trip or lesson, please provide as much notice as possible. As the trip or lesson date gets closer, the following refund policies are in effect:
- 5 days prior to scheduled trip/lesson date = 100% refund: If you cancel at least 5 days before your trip/lesson is scheduled to take place, you will receive a 100% refund.
- 3 to 4 days prior to the scheduled trip/lesson date = 75% refund: If you cancel at least 72 hours before your trip/lesson is scheduled to take place, you will receive 75% of the full amount paid towards your trip/lesson.
- Less than 2 days (48 hours) prior to scheduled trip/lesson date = 50% refund: If you cancel within 48 hours of when your trip/lesson is scheduled to take place, you will receive a refund of half of the full trip or lesson cost.
- Day of cancellation or no show = 0% refund: If you cancel on the day of your trip or lesson, or fail to show up for your trip or lesson, you will not receive a refund.
COVID Policies & Cleaning
- Mask policy: When outdoors and 6 feet of distance can be maintained, either on land or on the water, masks are not required. Masks are required when getting in and out of the boats. If you prefer to wear masks at all times, please let us know, and we will be happy to do so.
- Cleaning: Tug Hill Outfitters staff will sanitize boats, paddles, and any additional gear between trips/lessons.
- COVID cancellation policy: If you have COVID-like symptoms, have come in contact with someone with COVID, have tested positive for COVID, or are in a mandated quarantine period, please contact Tug Hill Outfitters to reschedule your trip or lesson. A full refund will be provided.